The Greek and Roman Masters
A course by
Dr. Datta G Sawant
(MA (English), NET, PGDBM, PGCTE, PhD)
Content of the Course (Pdf+Videos, 45 pages):
1. What is Literary Criticism & Theory? Definition, meaning, features & forms
2. Plato’s Theory of Literature: his views on literature, his criticism of poetry, his views on drama, his views on style
3. Aristotle’s Views on Literature: Poetry, Epic, Comedy & Style
4. Aristotle’s Views on Literature: Tragedy structure of poetics, his concept of tragedy, definition, origin, constituent parts, structure of plot, three unities, simple & complex plot, his concept of tragic hero, etc.
5. Horace: His Views on Poetry nature of poetry, function of poetry, subject matter of poetry, kinds of poetry, language of poetry, etc.
6. Horace’s Views on Drama & Satire plot of the drama, characterization, style of the drama, his views on satire, etc.
7. Longinus on Literature/ Longinus as a Critic his concept of sublimity and sources of sublimity
Author: Datta G Sawant
Purchase: 2 times